Hot Topics in General Relativity and Gravitation
August 9th – 15th, 2015, Quy Nhon, Vietnam
This international conference will be held at ICISE * as part of the Rencontres du Vietnam **
In this centennial anniversary of General Relativity, our aims are to discuss and review recent developments on:
- Mathematical Relativity
- Black Hole Physics
- Gravitational waves and Numerical Relativity
- Quantum Field Theory in Curved Spacetime
- Quantum Gravity
- AdS/CFT (gauge/gravity) Correspondence
- Strings, Branes, and Higher-dimensional Gravitational Theories
- Modified Gravity Theories
- Dark Energy and Dark Matter
- Inflation and the early universe
- Gravitational Lensing
- Relativistic Astrophysics
The conference will consist of oral presentations (comprehensive reviews or specialized talks on specific topics) organized in plenary/parallel sessions and posters. The contributions are either solicited or selected among submitted abstracts. Special emphasis is being placed on active participation by young researchers and post-docs. The program will be available after the deadline of abstracts submission (July 19th, 2015).
* The International Centre for Interdisciplinary Science Education (ICISE) is located in a pleasant place at the seaside of the city of Quy Nhon (Central Vietnam) where conferences to the international standard can be organized. It contributes to the development of research and education in Vietnam and in this region of Asia. With this motivation in mind, Asian scientists are encouraged to meet for events (conferences, schools and workshops) and to share knowledge / expertise with their foreign counterparts.
** Since 1993, the institution “Rencontres du Vietnam”, which is an official partner of UNESCO, has organized international meetings (conferences and schools) to high scientific level with the motivation of foster exchanges between Vietnamese researchers or from Asia-Pacific and their colleagues coming from other parts of the world (Program 2015).
- Registration will start on Sunday August 9th in the afternoon.
- The opening session is scheduled to take place on Monday August 10th at 8:30;
- the conference will end on Saturday August 15th at 11h.
- Session hours are 8:30 - 12:30 and 14:00 - 17:30.
- Sessions of the conference will be held in the ICISE conference Center.
- It will be followed by a conference entitled "Cosmology - 50 years after CMB discovery"