Timeline and deadlines
- 1st announcement: March 2019
- 1st Call for talks and posters: March 2019
- 2nd announcement and 2nd call : June 2019
- Deadline for submitting abstracts (for talk and posters): December 1st 2019
- Deadline for requesting financial support : December 1st 2019
- Abstracts selection: December 20th 2020
- Grants selection: January 15th 2020
- Deadline for early bird conference registration fee: February 1st
- Registration and hotel booking: until 1st of March
Registration will start on Sunday March 29th at 17:00.
The opening session is scheduled to take place on Monday March 30th at 8:30.
The conference will end on Friday April 3rd evening.
Immigration / Visa
All participants do require a visa to visit Vietnam, except for few exemptions listed below.
Vietnam Visa exemption is granted to:
- Citizens of Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia and Laos for visits of 30 days at the maximum.
- Citizens of Philippines for visits of 21 days at the maximum.
- Citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Russia and Finland for visits of 15 days at the maximum.
This list is subject to change: please contact your nearest Vietnamese consulate to check.
If you apply for a tourist VISA, you may use the official website to get the E-visa. The time of processing is only 3 to 4 working days to get it. You just print out the approved E-visa and present it directly to the officer at the immigration desk.
If you plan to stay in Vietnam longer than a month, please either go to your nearest Vietnamese consulate or through the Internet (you will have to retrieve it on your arrival) at following websites:
- please apply for a tourist visa and get it at your nearest Vietnamese consulate
- you may apply for a tourist visa through the Internet
This internet visa procedure is cheaper but it does take some time (~ 60 min) at the airport immigration office, depending on the queue. Do not forget to have with you 2 passport photos and USD in cash as required by the internet visa service.
The closest airport from ICISE is Quy Nhon airport (UIH). There are two main international airports in Vietnam : Hanoi (Noi Bai airport : HAN) and Ho Chi Minh City (Tan Son Nhat airport : SGN).
Participants will be expected to arrive on Sunday March 29th, and will leave on Saturday April 4th. In order to enhance the interaction and exchange, all participants are encouraged to be accommodated in the same hotel. ICISE usually makes the reservations at Seagull Hotel, then if the lodging capacity is sold out, ICISE will make reservation at the nearest hotels around.
All sessions will be held in the ICISE conference center, 10 minutes taxi (or one hour walk) away from the hotel (see on this map). Daily bus transfer (morning and end afternoon) will be provided by the conference organization.
Registration for lodging
Registration for lodging / logistics purposes will be possible via this form (not available at the moment).
Payment of living expenses and accommodation
The cost per person at Seagull hotel (room and meals for 6 days, from March 29th evening to April 4th noon) will amount to $345 US for a double room and $495 US for a single room. Cost per additional day is $60 US for a double room and $85 US for a single room. Breakfast and dinner will be served in the hotel for all participants. Lunch will be served at ICISE.
Payment for board and lodging should be done upon arrival (cash, credit card or interbank transfer).
More information will be provided later.