|Vietnam is the country that benefited the most from the European ERASMUS+ capacity building program during the period 2015-20 (74 programs involving 94 universities). The idea of the seminar that we are proposing is to stimulate proposals for the new ERASMUS 2021-27 program based on the feedback from the universities previously involved among themselves and towards all the other Vietnamese universities wishing to participate in the adventure without having done so until now.
From 2015 to 2020 Vietnam is involved in 74 programs – which makes it the most mobilized country – with 94 universities, scientific institutions and administrations, some of which are involved in 10 programs (Can Tho University). i.e. a very strong integration of higher education actors in cooperation with EU member countries:
- 17 in partnership with one or more French universities, 5 were coordinated by 4 of these institutions (2 at the University of Toulouse Jean Jaurès, 1 at the University of Toulouse Paul Sabatier, 1 at the National School of Agronomy of Montpellier and the University of Nantes).
- 26 in partnership with one or more Italian universities, 9 were coordinated by 7 Italian institutions (2 at the Consorzio Intruniversitario Almalaurea, 1 at the Universia degli studi Dell'Aquila, 1 at the Universita degli studi di Padova, 2 at the 'Universita degli studi di Roma la Sapienza, 1 at the Universita degli studi di Siena, 1 at the Universita degli stufi Guglielmo Marconi – Telematica, 1 at the Universita telematica internationzionale).
- 28 (8 for coordination) for Spain, 19 (5) for Germany, 11 (1) for the United Kingdom, 22 (6) for Greece…
Note that 5 of the 74 programs were coordinated by 3 Vietnamese universities, which testifies to a very good international recognition of these institutions:
- Danang University: i. Heightening University-Business partnerships FOR smart and sustainable GROWTH in Asia, 743 129 euros (VN, LT, ES, KH, NP, MN, UK, EL), ii. Strategic Human Resources Management for Southeast Asian Univerisities, 810,985 euros (VN, KH, LA, TH, ES, PT, IT, LT).
- Hue University: i. Curriculum development in Agroecology, 919 728 euros (VN, LU, LK, CZ, PT, PH), ii. Curricula development on Climate Change Policy and Law, 999,175 euros (VN, IN, EL, MY, UK, ES).
- Hanoi University: Pilotage Universitaire Rénové dans le Sud-Est Asiatique, 947,046 euros (VN, FR, KH, BE, DE).
It is therefore now time to draw up a qualitative assessment of the programs carried out in partnership with Vietnam and above all to seek feedback from the institutions involved – first and foremost those who coordinated a program:
- General assessment: is the profit/investment ratio positive or negative? Is this a real institutional and professional opportunity to be further enhanced, particularly with the 2021-2027 program?
- Capacity building: was the objective initially defined in line with the achievement of the program?
- Administration: how were the management and administration rules incorporated by the administrative services, main difficulties encountered and suggestions, etc
- Institutional: what is the international visibility of E+, is the international visibility of establishments reinforced?
- Personal: do the members involved in an E+ make a positive assessment of it in their career and for the rest of their career?
The ERASMUS program needs to be clarified because it can appear as an unfathomable nebula, the rules for administering the programs must also be detailed to all partners and potential members because, if they are not very restrictive in the end, they must must be respected so as not to block programs and expose themselves to penalties.
QUALITATIVE ASSESSMENT by feedback from E+ 2015-21 involving the VN and PRESENTATION ERASMUS 2021-27 constitute the first two axes of the symposium that we propose to create SYNERGIES and promote new programs to come from 2023 in partnership with the members of the EU, partners in South East Asia and especially Vietnam.
Download the flyer: Click here